At what age put braces children: how and when the child put them, how much is this?
All about kids braces: why and when they can be put on the child?
Not every child goes to the dentist with joy. Children do not realize how important it is to have beautiful, straight smile. But these things are understood by their parents, so they have to monitor the oral health of the child, his gums and teeth.
Minor irregularities in the growth of teeth may align normal plate, however, serious deviations better to turn to professionals and to use the braces.
Why all this to our children?
When parents face the choice of whether to buy braces for a child, they should remember that without the advice of a doctor to establish such structures is not recommended. This can lead to complications and unnecessary additional diseases.
Braces installation assumes the presence of certain medical conditions:
- malocclusion and the need for its correction;
- too small or, conversely, large distances between the teeth.
- uneven molar;
- the difference in development between the upper and lower jaws;
- dysfunction in the masticatory region.
Braces, though looks simple, will help to correct the curvature of the teeth with the help of a professional. The success of treatment depends not only on the level of design quality, but from a properly sized treatment and its sequence.
Unlike the child structures from adult
Some believe that to fix the teeth in adulthood too late. This view is a fairly common mistake. Treatment
teeth can not be delayed, however, in childhood to «fix» the teeth much easier.
At the age of twelve to eighteen years, our dental system is at the peak of its development. That is, the teeth are strong, yet pliable to be deformed.
Because of this, the correction of teeth in adolescence is the most practical choice. The treatment will take place more quickly and painlessly.
Because of the «softness» of the indigenous child’s teeth, children’s braces more elastic. They do not put pressure on the teeth, while not losing its therapeutic effect. Another pleasant difference is the cost and installation of braces for children are cheaper than adults.
How it works, orthodontic design
Braces are a complex and coherent system, but to correct the curvature of the teeth affects only most of them arc made from a metal that «remembers» its shape.
During installation, this form is noticeably distorted, by summing the curvature of the teeth. In the treatment process, the arc is constantly striving to return to its original form and, thus, corrects the number of teeth.
Locks, fastening arc, the result of treatment have no effect — they just keep design.
The device braces
What made braces and how they work?
This design was put into use at the beginning of last century. American orthodontists invented this tool for the first time raising this health issue.
Since orthodontic design has significantly changed, but the principle of operation remains the same. The complex design of the bracket system consists of several elements, namely:
- The main element of the system is the bracket (a word derived from the English. «parenthesis»). It is a small clasp attached to the tooth and are not removable during treatment. The set includes twenty such brackets, half of which is used for the upper jaw, half for the bottom. In most cases, are treated from both jaws.
- Nickel-titanium arc unique in that it has a memory for their original shape. It plays a crucial role in the correction of teeth. During installation, it goes all the curvatures of the tooth of the jaw, and in the process aligned with it. Often, the arc is made individually. It may have a different density and diameter.
- Connecting system part, the ligature consists of wire and rubber ring. It binds together different parts of the arc.
- The specialist also can recommend the use of additional parts of braces, such as springs, elastic rings or chains when necessary.
What determines the cost?
The rich history of braces has generated a lot of varieties that are suitable for the treatment of adults and children. There are several criteria by which braces are divided into types.
The main ones are:
- material production;
- type of locks;
- the location of the locks.
The material of manufacture
The first criterion there are three kinds of braces:
- sapphire crystal;
Let’s start with the fact that each type of braces is ceramic in half, as the composition of the arc includes Nickel and titanium. Each type differs in material from which made the locks.
The average cost of children’s braces, depending on the material system:
- The most common and affordable option metal system. They are most visible on the teeth, and their locks are titanium. In terms of treatment for this type is the most effective. The cost starts from 12 000 rubles.
- The advantage of ceramic braces is that they are almost unnoticeable and match the shade of the tooth enamel. However, for children they hardly fit, because ceramic is fragile and a child might accidentally break a few locks. The price of such systems varies from 20 to 60 thousand rubles.
- System of sapphire — the most comfortable of all. They are particularly robust and reliable, and also match with the color of smiles. But they are very expensive — from 35 thousand roubles.
Ligature and self-regulating, lingual and vestibular
Also, there are actual and self-adjusting braces.
Ligature braces, nowadays, almost lost its relevance. They firmly secured the position of the locks at each tooth, however, the pressure is distributed unevenly, causing the child often feels pain.
Their place want to take intelligent design. They eliminate the presence of the ligature and allow you to adjust the pressure of the locks on the teeth. Thus, the treatment efficiency does not suffer, but you will have to order more to see a specialist, so he controlled the movement of the locks in the dentition.
The last criterion distinguishes the vestibular and lingual braces. Both are quite popular and equally effective. They differ only in the position of the locks on the dentition.
The device of the vestibular system requires the provision of locks on the outside of the teeth. Lingual or invisible braces fully justifies its name. Due to the installation of locks on the inner side of the teeth they are almost invisible to others.
The optimal age to set gotostate
According to experts, the installation of braces is possible at any age, however, mounting systems and types of structures will differ depending on age.
Braces, which can periodically be removed, used for the treatment of children’s teeth. Fixed braces are used for Teens and adults.
So, at what age do orthopedists recommend to put braces children:
- Early age from seven to nine years. Some dare to set areconstruction still early, but it should be remembered that such a plant is dangerous to the health of the oral cavity of the child. The main indication for early alignment of children’s teeth are cutting the top indigenous teeth and with sufficient length to install the braces. Thus, such system will help the child to form a smooth dentition, have a beneficial effect on the development of jaw, and avoid treatment during adolescence. But remember that the wearing of such structures at this age can damage the enamel! So the treatment without serious medical indications is not recommended.
- Adolescence: 13 to 18 years. The most favorable period for treatment, when the jaw of the child is actively growing, so the problem with the curvature are solved as quickly as possible. However, the treatment is carried out with the aid of a fixed constructions, so you should be especially careful and to monitor the hygiene of the mouth, prevent cavities and white spots in the field of locks.
Advice from the orthodontist you can hold in children three to five years. Specialist will help to identify problems and suggest how and when they need to be addressed.
What to do if the child refuses to wear braces?
The braces really did not adorn the smile of a child. So wearing them becomes a real hell for any kid or teenager.
In this case, to force the child to their wearing is simply impossible — but there are many options to make treatment more discreet, or at least lightly decorate it.
Lingual, ceramic or sapphire braces will merge with a touch of baby’s teeth and are completely invisible. But not every parent can afford to buy them. Therefore, the best solution would be braces with colored ligatures or curly locks.
If your child is afraid of pain, it can soothe the fact that intelligent systems are almost not visible and no discomfort, he will not feel.
The installation process
Different types of braces are installed in different ways, but the basic principle is the same: the Assembly of the device takes place inside the mouth,
therefore, to establish the design of their own is almost impossible.
The best solution is to entrust this work to a reliable specialist. It should also be noted that after the installation of such structures in any case should not be removed until the end of treatment.
As children put braces on teeth — the whole process clearly and in detail on video:
Complications of wearing braces can be caused by a number of factors, of which the most common is non-compliance with oral hygiene during treatment.
While wearing the therapeutic design, the child may appear:
- severe pain in region of teeth or gums;
- an allergic reaction to the components;
- the diction;
- the weakening of tooth enamel.
After the removal of braces there is a lot of space in the row of teeth, which can affect the growth of extra teeth and their removal.
Particular care for designs
When wearing the device must be properly and carefully observe oral hygiene. Before you install the unit, the child should tell a number of important rules in the care of braces:
- brushing your teeth is necessary not only in the morning and evening and after each meal;
- duration of brushing should be at least five minutes;
- in addition to the brush you should use special devices for cleaning such as irrigator or brush;
- daily diet should be to eliminate crackers, chips and other «crunchies»;
- also it is necessary to limit consumption of solid food and beverages with dyes.
The word unfortunate child, but a happy adult
«Positano» on a dedicated forum.
As a child I had braces. I was quite a few years of just twelve. The treatment was surprisingly quick and painless. Of course, at first hesitated to walk in them, because I was an ordinary metal, which are perfectly visible on the teeth. Then I used to, and classmates stopped paying attention to it.
The pain I almost did not feel, but for a long time I was wildly uncomfortable to eat and talk. I had some problems after removing the system. Of course, even the smile could not be pleasing to the eye, but the constant trips to the doctor and the dramatically increased sensitivity of the teeth is very tired.
Overall, I’m glad that parents are concerned about the treatment my teeth was the same age, because now I can watch the result of this treatment. My teeth are smooth and strong, and the need for constant care braces taught me to always observe the mouth hygiene.