Does it hurt now to treat (remove, drill) teeth: therapy without pain and suffering
Dental treatment doesn’t hurt — a modern approach to solving the problem
Many people are afraid to treat teeth. For them, the visit to the dentist is a scary procedure, during which you will have to go through all the «circles of hell».
And this despite the fact that now the painless dental treatment, and therapy without anesthesia are long gone. Modern medicine allows us to treat the teeth without any pain, without applying the «terrible torture», in a comfortable environment.
A little about toothache
Healthy teeth do not hurt, and if you have any discomfort or even pain – there are certain reasons.
Highlight the main ones:
- Caries. Translated literally from Latin, this disease translates to rot. First, on the surface of the molar, there is a dark spot,
then begins the process of destruction of the enamel and the pulp. Painful sensations arise when receiving hot/cold, sour/sweet, and when injected into a cavity of food, and are of short duration. Tooth decay is the most common disease of the teeth.
- The sensitivity (or hypersensitivity). Externally, the molars look healthy enough, but a hot sandwich or ice cream can cause severe discomfort. Pain can be short or long, intense. This reaction occurs not only on the hot and cold, but the sweet and sour. According to statistics, with such unpleasant phenomenon faced by every third patient the dentist.
- Pulpitis. Is an inflammatory process occurring in the neurovascular bundle of the tooth. Basically, pulpitis occurs as a result of «neglect» of dental caries. In acute the process the person experiences strong pulsing pain that cannot be «drown out» pills.
- Periodontitis. If left untreated pulpitis, he will go into a more serious stage of inflammation. In this case affected not only the pulp but also the connective tissue of the tooth and bone. In contact with food (chewing) at the patient tooth the person is experiencing severe pain. Acute periodontitis may appear weakness, high fever and insomnia.
- Periodontitis. The periodontium is the tissue that «hold» the teeth (gums, ligaments, bone and mucosa). Inflammation of these tissues is called periodontal disease and is the second most common after the caries disease of the oral cavity. Characterized by the pulsation in the gums, itching, «movement» of the teeth, hypersensitivity.
- The wisdom teeth. Many have heard about the growth of «eights» is accompanied by severe discomfort. If wisdom teeth are properly positioned and healthy, they no problem man will not deliver. Often, however, during the eruption of the eights there are complications. The most common problems – inflammation of the tissue around the molar teeth or the appearance of a «hood», the malocclusion, the pressure on the adjacent molar, inflammation of ternary nerve and other troubles. All this leads to pain of varying intensity and strength.
What determines how painful dental treatment
The term «dental treatment» means a range of dental services – from fillings molars to prosthetics.
Some procedures are absolutely painless, and some will bring some discomfort to the patient.
Ideally the person should visit the dentist every six months. The doctor can see the initial stage of changes of enamel (demineralization) and to prevent cavities.
At this stage, the treatment is completely painless. On the surface of the tooth is applied special solutions, and after several treatments the problem with the teeth is prevented.
If prevent cavities failed, then treat it have already using tools. At an early stage of removing the destroyed enamel will not cause any unpleasant emotions.
But if the tooth is «deepened» on the surface of the tooth, the dentist will use a drill. And even at this stage the treatment is rarely painful. Most people are more afraid of the sounds sterledeva tool than experience pain.
Will it hurt to drill the teeth depends on the degree of development of caries, anesthesia used and the professionalism of the doctor.
Medium and deep caries treated using anaesthetic. Without its use the sensation would have been unpleasant. The modern drill is made from alloy with a diamond coating, so the dentist minimally traumatic tissue intact molar.
To treat the teeth with the anesthetic injection does not hurt, the use of analgesic eliminates pain response when cleaning the carious surface.
If damaged pulp in most cases is removed and the nerve is cleaning. Earlier dentists used in the treatment of pasta with arsenic.
A cavity in preparing the pasta, put a temporary filling and after a few days the nerve was removed. Now physicians using anesthesia, is completely painless clean channels.
To remove the tooth without pain — does it really?
The «scary» procedure, release patients of dentistry – removal of teeth. As in the previous cases, the doctor when such manipulation
uses effective painkillers.
In complex cases (for example, a tooth is incorrectly positioned or does not cut) removal of molars may be performed under General anesthesia.
After the procedure people few days (and sometimes longer term) may experience pain in the area of the extraction, rare – deterioration of General health and inflammation of the oral cavity. In such cases, a repeat visit to the doctor.
Treated without pain
Currently during dental treatment using modern medicines, by which all procedures are absolutely painless.
The physician will choose the anesthesia, produce a corresponding manipulation. In dentistry used 4 types of anesthesia:
- Application. This anesthesia is a type of local anesthesia. The mucous membrane of the oral cavity is impregnated with a special drug (Tetracaine, Piromekain, Lidocaine, Benzocaine, alcohol tincture of propolis). The duration of analgesia is short, 15-20 minutes. Is used to remove the Tartar, the opening of abscesses, removal of teeth, fixing of crowns, etc.
- Infiltration. This method is the most popular in dentistry. When such anesthesia is the blockade of nerve impulses at the injection drug use (anesthetic Ultracain firms, Septanes, Lidocaine with epinephrine). After the introduction of drugs for 3-5 minutes comes the anaesthesia. Duration of action – about an hour.
- Conductor. This type of anaesthesia is widely used not only in dentistry but also in other fields of medicine. Drugs injected into the area of ternary nerve. The duration of anesthesia 1.5-2 hours. This type of anesthesia is used during dental extractions, gum treatment, or when a large area simultaneous treatment.
- Stem. This method is used rarely and only in a hospital. Used for injuries, pain syndrome, surgery on the jaw, neuralgia.
Some people have anesthetics cause allergies, but that’s no reason to experience pain in the dentist’s office. There are alternative methods of dental treatment:
- laser dissection of diseased molar,
- chemical treatment of the tooth with the solvent.
Thus, with proper selection of anesthesia by a physician dental treatment can be completely painless.