How and what to treat zaedy in the corners of the mouth in children: causes, symptoms
How to get rid of liberty in your mouth in children — tips for parents
Zayed is an inflammatory process of the skin in the corners of the mouth and mucous membranes caused by a Streptococcus or yeast-like fungi of the Candida family, — candidatesa Zayed.
A favorable environment for their expression is:
- a lack of vitamin B2;
- diabetes mellitus;
- maceration of the skin near your mouth with saliva and mucous because of the formation of deep creases with declining bite;
- long-term treatment with antibiotics, cytostatics and corticosteroids.
A blow to the mouth
Features of disorders depending on its type:
- Streptococcal species – begins with the formation of a bubble in the corner with a thin coating in short period, the bubble turns into a slit-like erosion, which is covered by purulent and blood tinged. When you try to remove the crust, exposing the red surface with a crack in the center in a few hours again Zayed is covered with bloom. This process causes a little pain and burning.
- Candidatesa – has the appearance of a red lacquer erosion materialnym epithelium. Irregular grayish-white patches, easily removed. The crust on top of the wound is missing and in General the education is often hidden under the wrinkles in the corner of his mouth. The disease can be chronic.
In the presence of syphilis, the area of erosion has seals, study of discharge tissue detect Treponema pallidum and positive for a disease serological test.
Why zaedy so fond of «children»
Children zaedy arise mostly due to pathogens that are always present on the skin, streptococci and fungal, however, to start the inflammatory process needs to be push and that is:
- or someone else’s dirty dishes.
- unwashed fruits and vegetables;
- biting and lip-licking than often engaged kids;
- poor care for the oral cavity;
- squeezing of pimples in adolescents;
- the use of fluoride-containing toothpastes;
- brushing the skin in the corner of the mouth;
- susceptibility to colds and frequent overcooling;
- in infants toys and pacifiers, which are part of the dried saliva;
- poorly treated the nipple of the breast;
- constant licking and biting of objects.
Many pediatricians agree that the cause of the erosion is getting lack of Riboflavin, which is responsible for the growth of hair and nails, as well as the normal condition of the skin. The impetus for activity of the fungus can lead to reduced immune system and certain diseases:
- chronic tonsillitis;
- helminthic infection;
- any type Halitov – which restores, eczema, exfoliative, stomatitis;
- pathology of the liver;
- diabetes mellitus;
- pathology of the blood;
- allergic reactions;
- chronic inflammation of the tonsils.
Important: zaedy arise only as a result of decrease in protective abilities of the organism.
Symptoms and diagnosis
The first signal of the emergence of problems is the emergence of the child in the corner of the mouth:
- bubble or papules of small size;
- swelling and redness;
- after a certain period of the formation of bursts, and in this place there are cracks, erosion and secretions from the blood;
- the entire period of healing of the wound is accompanied by its rupture and subsequent tightening, in this case a child feels tolerable pain, burning, ability to speak and eat.
If these symptoms should act immediately in order to run the whole process, and the disease has not gained the stage of chronic.
Before treatment it is necessary to identify the etiology origin groups and to help the child through drugs that don’t
will lead to allergic reactions. In the future it is important to perform the prevention to prevent further outbreaks.
To diagnose Zayed laboratory does scrape the damaged tissues and the resulting liquid to determine the type of pathogen.
In order not to make the wrong conclusions, as Zayed looks very similar to herpes, the following additional research:
- a swab is taken from cracks, and oral mucosa for detection of herpes, streptococcal, and yeast fungi, viruses;
- at certain points in the analysis of blood;
- additionally conduct surveys and endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, pediatrician.
The child needs to help — not so much!
During treatment, Zayed, you should fight the disease or the factors that led to the emergence of cracks, and not by groups.
Treatment of wounds in any way associated with the cause of their development has a comprehensive character and includes three types of effects:
First aid at home
How to quickly cure zaedy in the corners of the mouth your child parents at home depending on the reasons that they provoked:
- babies to 2 years, with the appearance of cheilitis, it is necessary to use a thick cream or petroleum jelly that protect the lips from exposure to saliva and painful symptoms;
- exfoliative type – emollients, creams, rosehip oil, retinol, wheat germ, tea tree oil;
- eczema anti – inflammatory cream, prednisolone ointment;
- staphylococcal, streptococcal groups – antibiotic ointments, hormones, combination of antibacterial;
- mycotic – should be treated with local antifungal drugs.
It also follows from the first moments of the occurrence of wounds the use of traditional medicine:
- wetting the cracks with cucumber juice;
- blur sores essential oils avocado and tea tree;
- the impregnation of the damaged areas soluble vitamin A and E;
- the use of infusions with the aim of disinfection – series, oak bark, chamomile, calendula, sage, celandine. The use of aloe, Kalanchoe, plantain;
- topical application of rose oil and jam of rose petals;
- lubrication with honey or mix honey with butter;
- when the fungal form of the disease, rinsing with a solution of baking soda – teaspoon in ½ glass of water, you can add vitamin B12.
In the future, depending on the type of formation used:
- Gluconate and calcium chloride for removal of allergic complications;
- Went to the doctor;
- Metrogyl Denta;
- healing and disinfectant drugs, for example, be at hand;
- immunomodulatory with the aim of increasing the body’s resistance;
- vitamin complexes.
Also in need of treatment of a dysbacteriosis and power correction, in order not to irritate the damaged areas.
Even one wound worried the baby pain, but if not timely treated, it is possible to completely deprive the child of peace and appetite.
Running form turns into a solid wound with crusts, ulcers and sores, which constantly bleeds and secretes pus formation.
The result is such effects:
- the overall resistance is lowered;
- infected contact kids;
- profuse salivation;
- the occurrence of abscess because of the deeply entrenched microbes.
Prevention of violations
Since most types Zayed contagious, you must:
- to forbid children to kiss each other;
- to use shared utensils or linen;
- to control the purity of the hands;
- mitigate, if necessary, the child’s lips hygienic lipstick or baby cream.
Prevention of re-infection is:
- the reception of iron supplements for a long time;
- the content of vitamins in the diet;
- strengthening the immune system;
- protect lips from the effects of frost and UV rays;
If treatment at home doesn’t bear fruit, you need to ask for help, because the occurrence of ulcers may be a sign of more serious diseases.