The viscosity and taste (salty, acetone, iodine, pus, etc): reasons
Make the diagnosis yourself for an unpleasant taste in your mouth
Health care – the duty of every person. To understand that in the body there have been some changes that require attention, will help not only visual changes or pain, but flavor or excessive viscosity in the mouth. Should I be concerned and when ?
Most often a specific flavor occurs in the morning when people just woke up and did not have time to conduct hygiene, or for Breakfast.
In that case, if this symptom is that the phenomenon is singular, then no need to worry, the body is not threatened, but if the taste appears frequently, then it’s time to think about passing the examination. Since the taste in the mouth, particularly unpleasant, may be a symptom of serious diseases.
Cause for concern!?
If taste in mouth appears every morning, you need to listen to what wants to tell the body. How to understand and determine whether a serious problem was the cause or just a lack of hygiene?
It is important to remember that the mouth has saliva that helps to recognize different tastes.
If health is not threatened, then the person will not feel absolutely nothing, however, some dental diseases can cause the appearance of a specific taste.
For example, a specific flavor does not disappear even after brushing teeth may indicate the presence of caries, periodontitis, stomatitis or infectious diseases of the oral cavity.
However, the same signal is about to be tested for the presence of chronic diseases of the throat such as pharyngitis or laryngitis. ENT diseases that are accompanied taste in your mouth – sinusitis and rhinitis.
Taste, as a way to identify the problem of the body
In most cases it is sufficient to rinse the mouth with a special liquid or brush teeth for the taste in my mouth disappeared, but sometimes it is present constantly, the main reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon:
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- violations of acidity;
- lack of fluids;
- diabetes mellitus;
- features or malnutrition.
Every problem makes itself known different tastes, e.g., salty, bitter. Need to know what they signal, to immediately take appropriate action.
Sprinkled with salt — and lips, mouth and tongue.
One of the most common causes of salty taste in mouth is a long dehydration. The lack of water in the body leads to the fact that it accumulates salt, which will eventually manifest in a characteristic taste.
In addition, the taste of salt can be felt when:
- some infectious diseases such as upper respiratory tract or salivary glands, it is important to remember that if there is dryness, the first thing that you should take to increase the intake of fluids;
- inadequate oral hygiene also causes a salty taste, as the teeth accumulate plaque;
- rarely salty taste in the mouth is a result of the medication.
Causes of sweetness in your mouth
Sweet taste appears rarely, but it is a symptom of:
- problems with the liver;
Similar taste in the mouth indicates problems with the gastrointestinal tract and is a symptom of disorders of carbohydrate metabolism.
Dental problems can cause similar taste, but a full examination is necessary anyway, because this symptom is a harbinger of poisoning, which cannot be left without medical attention.
Bitter taste in the mouth
The bitter taste in varying intensity of the symptoms is frequent, and it felt at least once without any exception. If the bitter taste persists, the main causes can be:
- problems with the liver;
- gallbladder disease;
- the load on the internal organs;
- side effects of medicines.
In addition, the bitterness of signals problems with digestion, diseases of the esophagus, intestines. Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis manifests the exact same symptoms, so a visit to the doctor should not be delayed.
Stress, excesses in the diet can cause the appearance of bitterness in the mouth. Dental the cause of bitterness may be an oxidizing process of metal crowns.
Sweet, already on edge
The main reason why sour in the mouth is heartburn, which in turn indicates the presence of a number of gastrointestinal diseases, including ulcers and gastritis.
If but a sour taste in your mouth with no other symptoms, the cause may be dental crowns of base metals, also diseases of the gums and teeth.
The taste of iodine in my mouth
The taste of iodine in the mouth there is often after meals. It is considered normal, but if reasons not necessary to go to the doctor.
Similar taste after sleep can be a symptom of dental diseases — damage to the enamel, fillings or tooth decay.
To affect the appearance taste may be the hormonal drugs.
Liver problems also cause iodine taste.
Piece of iron in my mouth — why?
The appearance of metallic taste in mouth should not be ignored, because the reasons for this can be many. Appeal to
the specialist in this case should be binding as to know the exact cause of this symptom will find only the doctor.
The reasons are the following:
- hazardous industry – working with copper, zinc or other metals;
- the presence of dental prostheses;
- excessive consumption of mineral water can also be reflected in a similar way;
- gum disease;
- anemia and other blood diseases;
- thyroid disease;
- stomach problems;
All of this can cause a metallic taste in the mouth. But pregnancy, especially first trimester, manifested this taste. Therefore, to know the exact cause will only diagnostics.
Set on edge in the mouth and on the tongue
Set on edge – a feeling of light numbness and viscosity appear on the tongue and in the oral cavity in General.
Main cause – increased acidity, problems of a dental nature, including the oxidation of iron dentures and crowns.
Tooth decay, destruction of the root also causes this unpleasant feeling. Visit to the dentistry in this case is mandatory.
When the mouth was completely tasteless…
The most unpleasant sensations in the mouth:
- Taste of pus in his mouth. Pus appears in those cases when there are active inflammatory processes. The occurrence of this unpleasant taste should be alerted, since it signals about serious problems of a dental nature. Among the most common isolated stomatitis, appearance of ulcers, disease of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Attention to this taste must be due to the fact that it is a symptom of TB and gingivitis.
- The taste of feces in mouth. This unpleasant odor is indicative of serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract – obstruction and bacterial overgrowth. In addition
the reason may be the bacteria and the microorganisms developing on the gums, teeth and tongue. In any case, treatment should be immediate, exactly as the appeal to the specialist for examination.
- Taste of hydrogen sulfide or otherwise bad eggs to appear, first of all, gastritis, ulcers, stasis of food in the stomach, occurring after operations or due to the presence of scars.
- Specific taste of plastic in your mouth is not often. Its main cause is the problems of dentures made of plastic or with the use of this material. Treatment to the dentist will allow you to quickly get rid of this problem.
In that case, if such a bad taste appears in isolated cases, something is seriously nothing to worry about, enough to undergo treatment enzymatic drugs that improve gastrointestinal tract and digestive processes, however, with the constant presence of it in your mouth for a consultation with the doctor is necessary because the problem may be more serious than a person thinks.
Approach to diagnosis
The basis is to analyze the taste of saliva. During a visit to a specialist complaining of a particular taste, the doctor will ask about what the saliva to the taste, as it is an indicator of many problems in the body.
Additionally, for an accurate diagnosis, the specialist will give the direction of the survey, for example, gastroscopy, swabs, urine, and blood.
To uniquely identify which symptoms will be accompanied by an unpleasant taste in the mouth is impossible, as they are the main cause of the disease. It can be:
- blood during hygienic procedures in the case of gum disease;
- painful sensations in the stomach, if we are talking about problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- mood swings and hormones may indicate pregnancy.
Most importantly, what can you advise a person who has a taste in the mouth – be attentive and not to postpone the doctor’s visit.
What to do in such situations?
If the problem manifested itself, it is necessary to understand the constant it or arose single. After that you should spend brushing your teeth and mouth, including the tongue, because it may be a plaque, hence, bacteria.
If the taste is gone nothing to worry about, but if the left or intensified – must pass a full examination to identify the cause.
Thus, it is necessary to take care of your health, keep trying to mouth there were no other flavors, because they show the problems of the body.