What do the colored stripes on the tubes of toothpaste: the markings
What do the stripes on the tubes of toothpaste: truth and myths
What does the color of the label on toothpaste, which often is located on the soldering of the tube? This question is raised by customers constantly, believing that in this way it is possible to reveal the secret of the whole.
Thanks to the wild imagination, today there are several theories that have been successfully used in practice during the purchase. What do these stripes mean something?
The myths and exposing the
There are several theories about the importance of color stripes on the tube of toothpaste, most of which are «invented» by the customers themselves.
The most popular theory is the relationship of the color strip with its chemical composition. It fully reveals the value of a color in accordance with the chemical composition in the form of:
- Black strip indicates the presence in the only chemical elements. Talking about using natural herbal ingredients is not necessary.
- Blue bar says about 20% of natural ingredients throughout the composition. The remainder is the harmful chemicals.
- Red indicates the content of natural substances in the cleaning product, but only half of the total number.
- The green stripe is the safest toothpaste containing only natural ingredients.
Duration of use
There’s also a theory where the stripes on the tubes of toothpaste represent the possibility of duration of use of the product.
There are 4 assertions:
- blue stripe on toothpaste means that it can be used daily;
- red – it is composed of substances that provide a therapeutic effect but use it for no longer than 7 days;
- the green bar indicates its strength of action, duration of use not more than 30 days;
- black means about the whitening property that adversely affects the enamel of the teeth.
The presence of dye
There is a hypothesis about the presence of dye in the product:
- according to this theory, in paste with green marking no synthetic dyes, and consists of only natural components;
- the tubes with black, brown and blue stripes contain many harmful chemical dyes, which impart color to the product.
- there are suggestions that marketers specially cause green bars on the tubes of toothpaste so they can better sell — we all know that green is the color of nature and benefit to human.
Protection against periodontal disease
Theory, alarming the development of periodontal disease says:
- black mark – the part that triggers the development of periodontal disease;
- red mark – there are synthetic elements permitted by GOST;
- green check mark – an environmentally friendly structure that is most useful for teeth.
The content of abrasive components
There is a hypothesis about the presence of abrasive components and the frequency of its use, according to the labels on the tubes. We are talking about the presence in the paste of small particles that whiten and Polish teeth, but over time ruin the enamel.
According to this theory, products with a high content of abrasive particles is marked with stripes of dark colors: black, brown, blue. Such compositions can be used no longer than 7 days.
A red bar means that the paste contains little abrasive and it is possible to brush your teeth 3 times a week. But the composition with a green label can be used every day without harm to health.
Race of consumers
There are some strange theory of the presence in toothpaste oil that dramatically affect the territorial assignment. Here we present an example:
- tubes with black strip intended for the countries of Asia and third world;
- with red and green stripes made pasta for the European residents;
- USA can use it with a blue dot.
The oil content separated:
- black color shows the great content of petroleum products;
- blue color – oil contains less;
- red color is considered the component very little;
- green is an environmentally friendly product.
There is a theory about the financial situation of customers who purchase toothpastes for daily consumption.
According to this hypothesis:
- black stripe is applied to the tubes of cheap toothpaste composed of inexpensive components;
- blue label is a higher quality product;
- red stripe – this is an elite product containing gentle on tooth enamel components.
About the rest of the color coats, the theory is silent.
There are many assumptions about these labels on tubes of toothpaste, but what did they mean really?
However debunked the myth of the coloured stripes and will disappoint many visionaries.
What really represent the label
Do not trust given the speculation, it’s written on the package and it is enough to read it, not to invent special properties colored stripe on the tube.
Although the font selected for printing not be able to read most of the consumers, therefore, need to take a magnifying glass and a table of harmful components, which stands for the whole product.
The colored bars do not contain any secret messages, no matter how desirable some visionaries. The colored rectangles on the tube – it’s just «markup» or «sotomesa», which requires the pipeline to correctly cut the workpiece to a tube.
The sensor of the conveyor detects the painted mark on a moving belt blanks for tubes and this place cuts it. Then, cut a billet of aluminum foil, twisted, glued together, the tube is filled with paste, the lid with cap is at the bottom. At the end edge of the tube is wrapped or soldered.
Why are the labels different colors?
Why the colors of the stripes are different, it depends on the design of the tube. In order for the sensor pipeline could read the label, between the background and sotameko should be maximum contrast.
When the design of the tube using a black color, the label and the barcode will be black if its a, then you assign a different maximum contrasting color relative to the background.
If the background is a tube light, it will use dark color markers (black, blue, brown). In the case where the background of the dark tube, the label will be white.
Usually in the design of the tubes used 4 main colors, which not always carry out initial ideas. Then color scheme complemented by way of prepress improvement.
To color are unable to impose on each other, are assigned a fifth color, which prints the barcode font on the packaging and svetolika on the tube.
Sensors easier to catch one color, and it helps the manufacturer to optimize costs. Sometimes the function of fotomatic perform elements of the design, then the tube is a colour bar will be missing.
That mystery markings toothpaste. It turns out that they do not carry any information about the composition of toothpaste. In any case, to entrust to such elements during product selection is not necessary. It is important to see the composition on the packaging or on the manufacturer’s website before purchasing a product.