When there is inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth: causes and treatment of the flux, periodontitis and other inflammations
Shin splints: get to know the enemy to defeat him
Healthy teeth are key to a beautiful smile and good overall health. It is no secret that any disease in the oral cavity and delayed treatment leads to negative consequences: the teeth decay, roots rot, the oral mucosa becomes infected and an inflammation occurs which affects the entire body.
Unpleasant but necessary introduction
Shin splints or periostitis is the medical term flux on a popular characterized by swelling of the gum around unhealthy
tooth with severe pain, collection of pus, swelling and fever.
Periosteum is the connective tissue covering the bone on the outside. Has 2 layers – inner and outer, and if you get an infection from the patient’s tooth is its inflammation:
- If the inflammation occurred on the lower row of teeth, the swelling and swelling more pronounced in the lower submandibular nodes, can spread to the larynx, then into the bronchi and lungs.
- Inflammation of the periosteum of the upper row of teeth accompanied by swelling, and swelling of the upper part of the face, which is swollen and nose, and the skin under the eyes, and the pus arising from the inflammation, can go higher directly into the brain, which is very dangerous for health and life. At the site of inflammation of the tooth or of the periosteum forms a lump.
Inflammation of the periosteum, as a complication of other disorders
Causes of inflammation:
- caries of the teeth;
- the destruction of hard enamel;
- a complication of periodontitis;
- complication after tooth extraction;
- infection of the oral cavity (complications after sore throat, infection, penetration into the oral cavity of Staphylococcus aureus);
- failure to replace the temporary filling on a permanent, interrupted treatment.
The mechanism of development of inflammation
The mechanism of increase inflammation occurs similar to the following: in the untreated diseased tooth, destroys the enamel and there is a cavity that affects tooth decay.
After the pulp is affected (vnutritrubnoj soft tissue), the lesion affects the nerve endings and the person begins to experience increasing pain. Inflammation increases and affects the roots of the tooth, where there is an accumulation of pus.
Gradually the number of pus increases and begins to seek out. The shortest «way» is the periosteum of the tooth.
The formation of the fistulous exit of pus in a natural way happens rarely, but because the lump is near the patient’s tooth increases, the swelling increases, the swelling increases. Urgent intervention is required the dentist.
How to determine the possibility of inflammation
Inflammation of the periosteum has specific symptoms:
- toothache, pain while biting and pressing on the affected tooth;
- the increase in swelling of the lower or upper part of the face (depending on location of the affected tooth);
- thickening of the jaw bone (especially chronic diseases);
- fever, General malaise, weakness, dry mouth, headache, is a sign of intoxication;
- swelling submandibular nodes, soreness when pressed, difficulty during swallowing (severe inflammation).
This disease can occur for many reasons, even if before the extraction, the person ill with the flu or angina, it may be a complication.
Any virus that has entered the mouth, for example via unwashed hands, can cause inflammation of the periosteum.
Pain when inflammation of the periosteum can go on the ears, eyes, head, throat.
When not treated in a flux can be formed abscess (acute extensive inflammation tissue) or osteomyelitis (purulent-necrotic process of the bone), a very dangerous breach of health and human life. The inflammatory process may go into an acute form. When such complications treatment is possible only in a hospital surgically.
First aid and treatment of the disease
The best and effective treatment for Shin splints may be made only by the dentist, after opening the abscess, to give vent to the purulent content.
After that, the doctor will prescribe special rinses, drugs, anti-inflammatory, can cure the aching tooth or remove if necessary.
Emergency first aid is to open the abscess and create an outflow of pus. For the treatment of antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories, rinse.
During spontaneous release of pus the pain subsides, the swelling and decrease swelling, but these symptoms do not guarantee re-recurrence of violations, if not go to the doctor and not to treat the disease.
Then the disease becomes chronic and can occur at any time. From the mouth appears an unpleasant odor, the body is gradually poisoned by toxins of putrefaction.
Than helpful to rinse your mouth?
Use a rinse such solutions:
- weak solution of potassium permanganate (solution should be slightly pink);
- soda solution (1 tablespoon per Cup of water), the solution should be warm, not hot;
- for the preparation of herbal tinctures, take 1 tsp. of sage and chamomile, pour boiling water in a glass (200 mg) and let stand 25 minutes, drain;
- rinse are also recommended Melissa, green tea, oak bark, calamus root, Rue, calamus, — method of preparation of tincture of the same.
Well to flux to make the cabbage leaf. Reduces tooth pain and applying cold warmer.
Rinse produced during inflammation when there is no possibility of fast reception at the dentist. Also rinse effectively after treatment at the doctor because there is an inflammatory process, decrease pain, is sanitation of the oral cavity. It is possible to rinse and sore throat.
Food consumed in liquid form, with lots of vitamins. Useful strong broth, juices, drink plenty of liquids, especially when intoxication and high temperature.
That will only harm
What not to do during inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth:
- in any case, not to put warm compresses, they will enhance the inflammatory process, increased accumulation of purulent masses;
- to independently assign itself an antibiotics;
- when going to the doctor to use pain medication, as this will complicate the diagnosis;
- after visiting the doctor if the incision was made to release the pus to drink the blood thinners (e.g., Aspirin). Can cause bleeding.
Information on prevention of inflammatory processes
Inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth is due to the frivolous attitude to the state of their teeth, delayed treatment of disease.
Therefore, in order to prevent dental diseases and vozmozhnye complications, you must:
- At least once every six months to visit the dentist for oral examination.
- To brush your teeth every day, morning and evening, and after meals it is good to rinse the mouth. For these purposes, in a wide variety sold different solutions for rinsing and disinfection of the mouth.
- To ensure that does not appear plaque, which is a breeding ground for pathogenic bacteria. Promptly remove it.
- To use often, natural fresh vegetables and fruits that strengthen the immune system of the body and the enamel of the teeth. Especially useful for fresh apples, as malic acid helps to cleanse the enamel of the teeth. Important to use foods rich in calcium and fluoride to strengthen tooth enamel: eggs (especially useful quail), cheese, milk, walnuts, butter, natural honey.
- Use tooth cleaning tools purchased in a pharmacy, not on the spontaneous market, where you can buy a fake. In addition, the market selling products that may long lie in the sun, for which the product deteriorates and loses its medicinal properties.
- Timely treatment of caries.
- In diseases of the throat sure to rinse and throat and whole mouth with infusion of herbs or soda solution, so that the virus afflicting the mucous membranes of the throat, caused no inflammation of the mucosa of the gums.
You need to keep in mind that spontaneous release of pus and after that improve the General condition, a temporary phenomenon. The symptoms go away for a while, but there is a reason. Inflammation inside the tooth or the periosteum continues and because to go to a hospital anyway have, and the sooner, the better.
The treatment is effective only when it is held by the physician, with the use of combination therapy.