Why children develop a dental abscess and what to do to cure baby
Features of development of flux in the child: causes and treatment
Flux is called suppurative inflammation of the soft tissues located around the tooth. To recognize the flux in a child for any parent, because the disease accompanied by the appearance of bumps with pus or abscess on the gums.
But to accept the attempts of self-treatment is not necessary, as it is a serious disease with life-threatening health complications.
Causes and risk factors
The main reason for the development of a flux in children is of infection in the oral cavity. Most often, the infection is initially localized at the root of a tooth affected with caries.
Leucocytes accumulate to combat harmful microorganisms. They die, resulting in pus being accumulated.
When pus is getting to much, he breaks through the bone tissue. On the surface of the gums formed a bump with pus. In the propagation of pus in the surrounding tissue, e.g., cheek, appears swelling (one of the main symptoms of flux).
The most common causes of infection and development disorders include:
- mechanical damage to the gums or cheeks;
- the inflammatory process of the gingival pocket;
- the non-observance of asepsis during the dental treatment;
- polecenie bad teeth (not until the end of the sealed channels, and so on);
- infectious diseases of the throat (sore throat or the flu);
Often develops flux in a child of age 5-6 years due to weak immune system. The risk of developing the disease affected children in such cases:
- in the presence of hereditary factors (parents serious problems with your teeth);
- failure to comply with the personal hygiene of the oral cavity;
- excessive consumption of confectionary and sugary drinks that promote tooth decay;
- in the presence of Tartar, which contributes to the spread of bacteria in the mouth;
- frequent colds and viral diseases.
Varieties of the disease
Flux can occur in acute or chronic form. Acute is characterized by suppuration of the gums, swelling of the cheeks and a sharp pain in the tooth, which increases with pressure on the tooth or the jaw. Often the disease in an acute form accompanied by fever.
Improper treatment or delayed medical treatment of the disease can become chronic. Doctors chronic dental abscess is considered more dangerous because it is not accompanied by a pronounced symptoms.
If the parents treat the child at home (rinses, lotions or antibiotics), symptoms of the disease can retreat. Swelling will come down, the pain subsides. But this does not mean that the disease is cured.
Often, the infection continues to grip soft and bone tissue. And if time does not begin treatment, it can lead to serious consequences.
Characteristics of the clinical picture and diagnosis
Development of a flux in children is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- acute or continual aching pain in the tooth;
- when pressed pain is sharp and intolerant;
- swelling of the gums, cheeks, lips and other soft tissues;
- swollen lymph nodes, if the flux came from the bottom;
- purulent lump on the gums;
- pain in cheek, which gives the ear or the head;
- foul odor from the mouth;
- the increase in body temperature.
In addition, the child becomes restless, he refuses to eat and drink. Because of the severe pain he can’t sleep. Small children are cranky and constantly crying. Significantly affects the health, the child becomes lethargic.
Sometimes the abscess breaks on its own (the parents can not contribute to the breakout of festering bumps). In this case, the pain may subside a little and the swelling to go. But a visit to the dentist should not be delayed, because the infection remains in the body and can cause complications.
Unlike adults, dental abscess in children is rarely accompanied by fever. But if the baby’s temperature rose up to 37,5-38 degrees, you need to urgently seek medical attention, as it indicates that the pus enters the bloodstream.
To diagnose the disease only by a qualified doctor. To begin treatment, enough doctor. Sometimes you need to take a blood test and undergo a chest x-ray (if the dentist is suspected that the inflammatory process struck the bone).
How to help your child?
Flux is accompanied by severe pain and swelling, so the treatment is aimed at relieving symptoms. But the main goal of treatment is to eliminate infection and stop it from spreading.
In this regard, you can’t treat a dental abscess at home, since this can have serious consequences. The manifestation of the first symptoms of the disorders you must consult a doctor.
Notice to parents
To self-medicate with the development of abscess on the gums is not worth it. In some cases, to visit the dentist immediately is not possible.
In this case, you can use rinse the mouth at home, because the disease gives the child a lot of trouble.
You can rinse your mouth with infusions of herbs:
- of oak bark.
A tablespoon of herbs to pour a glass of boiling water and leave until cool. Infusion of herbs for rinse should be warm,
because heat contributes to the spread of infection.
Also rinse your mouth can soda solution (teaspoon of baking soda and salt in a glass of water) or propolis. To reduce the pain will help propolis: squeeze a few drops in a glass of water.
All of these tools help to remove the symptoms, but they do not cure the disease, so to the doctor we should address.
What not to do parents in any case?
With the development of purulent inflammation of the parents is strictly forbidden:
- Apply a warm compresses. Heat will only worsen the child’s condition, as under its influence the infection can spread to the throat, ears, and other parts of the body.
- To prescribe antibiotics. The decision about the antibiotics takes only a doctor. Antibiotics destroy not only harmful but also beneficial bacteria in the result of which affects the immune system of the child.
- To open the abscess. To do this can only doctor. If you open yourself ulcer, the infection can get into the internal organs.
- Give your child pain medications without a prescription. The medicine and the dose needs to choose a qualified technician. It is worth considering that pain medications have many side effects.
Rinse to make sure that the child does not swallow the solution to rinse because the infection gets inside the body. In the shortest possible time needed to visit a doctor even if the symptoms become weaker.
What will help a doctor?
The flux treatment is necessarily performed surgically. The dentist makes an incision in the gum under anesthesia and with drainage pumps pus.
The use of the drainage system is required, because without it to remove the purulent accumulation is completely impossible.
Because the development of inflammation in most cases is a damaged tooth, the doctor takes the decision on its removal or treatment.
If access to the septic bag prevents milk tooth, it is removed. If the tooth does not interfere with the drainage of pus, the treatment is carried out.
Many dentists believe that to remove the milk teeth are no serious indications prematurely is not necessary, because it may affect the development of permanent teeth.
After the operation, which lasts several minutes, the doctor gives recommendations for further treatment to the parents and sends child home.
In some cases, the doctor prescribes such drugs:
Sometimes you need to take a course of thisprocedure. Usually the dentist prescribes rinsing at home to speed up recovery or lotions.
In a week we definitely need another visit to the doctor to make sure that the source of infection has not spread in the body.
Prevention is the best way to avoid problems
Even the actions aimed at the prevention of the disease, can not guarantee one hundred percent probability of the absence of prerequisites for the development of flux (abscess) in a child.
But in order to reduce the risk of disease is to observe some simple recommendations:
- the child must brush your teeth in the morning and evening;
- choose soft toothbrushes and toothpastes according to the age of the child;
- after each meal to rinse your mouth with water.
- at least once in six months, you need to visit the dentist;
- spend time the treated teeth, don’t wait until they fall out;
- appeared Tartar from delete, since it promotes the spread of bacteria;
- strengthen a child’s immunity so it can resist infections;
- the child needs to eat fruits, berries and vegetables — the diet must contain solid fruits and vegetables (carrots, apples), they not only enrich the body with vitamins but also strengthen the teeth and gums.
It is very dangerous!
In the treatment of flux at home parents do not think about how dangerous it can be. The wrong treatment of the disease poses a serious danger to the life of a child.
When you take steps to reduce the symptoms (the parents give the child a pain reliever, antibiotics without doctor’s appointments, and so on), increases the risk of spread of infection to other organs:
- internal organs;
- the Dura and so on.
Also flux can cause the development of the following diseases dangerous to life:
- jaw osteomyelitis (bone lesion);
- phlegmon of the head and neck (inflammation of adipose tissue that quickly occurs in the acute form);
- mediastinitis (inflammation of the tissue of the mediastinum);
When the first symptoms of the disease the child immediately go to the doctor. Remember, to cure abscess at home using my grandmother’s recipes impossible.
Wrong treatment can lead to complications that are dangerous to a child’s life.