As evidenced by mucus in urine during pregnancy?
Urine analysis is one of the important diagnostic methods. Research is considered mandatory during pregnancy. Often women who bear a child in the urine mucus.
The reasons for this phenomenon are diverse – from wrong preparation to analysis to pathological conditions that occur in the female body. This article will help to understand what is mucus in the urine, and what she can testify. In addition, we consider the rules of preparation for the research and treatment methods that can eliminate the pathology.
Mucus in the urine when carrying a child usually appears because with the urinary tract epithelium is rejected. These cells promote secretion of mucus, which protects the organs of the urinary system from irritation. In a healthy person, mucus is secreted in the quantities necessary to prevent the exposure of urea. In addition, the mucus does not give pathogenic microorganisms clinging to the bladder wall and ureter.
When the index is normal, the mucus will not visually be observed in the urine, it can be seen only with a microscope. If the result of the analysis shows deviations above the norm, such a phenomenon may indicate various pathological conditions. In addition, mucus is clearly visualized in urine – visible small flakes, filaments white.
To determine the level of mucus in the urine of pregnant women, doing urinalysis.
To obtain accurate results, it is important to follow the simple rules of preparation to the study:
- It is necessary that the organs of the reproductive system was clean. In addition to the urine does not get allocation, you need to enter the vagina before urine collection swab made of cotton.
- The collection container material must be sterile. A special container for urine can be purchased at pharmacies.
- Urine you need to collect in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Desirable before testing to have sexual intercourse.
- Collect the middle portion of urine first passed.
- A urine sample is required no later than three hours after collection.
The presence of the substance in urine indicate advantages. The norm for mucosal secretions in the urine is the measure from one to four pluses. If the result exceeds this level, give direction for re-examination and additional diagnostic methods. After you determine the root cause of prescribe appropriate treatment.
Reasons for the increase in mucus in urine during pregnancy
If in the urine of pregnant slime appeared, possible causes can be infectious and inflammatory processes in organs of genitourinary system:
- Renal failure
Sexually transmitted diseases, agents which are chlamydia, Mycoplasma, gonococcus, Ureaplasma, Trichomonas. Sometimes increasing the amount of a substance may be in violation of the rules of urine collection. In addition, the appearance of mucus affects the retention of urination for a long time. This is because during the stagnation of the fluid of the epithelial cells begin to work intensively, which leads to mucus in greater numbers.
In pregnant women, beginning in the fourth month, the increase of the uterus prevents the outflow of urine owing to constriction of the bladder and ureters.
Other factors that affect the appearance of mucous secretions include:
- Hormonal changes in the body of the mother.
- Improper and unbalanced diet of a pregnant.
- Violation of hygiene genitals.
- The increase of cholesterol in the body.
- Enough sterile container for urine collection.
- Injury of the urinary tract.
- Neurogenic disorders.
Also increases the production of mucus due to wearing tight and low-quality underwear and rare urination. Mucus in urine may appear due to the occurrence of tumors in the organs of the urogenital system.
Is there a danger to the fetus?
If the mucus is caused by infections such as chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, gonorrhea, this condition adversely affects development of the fetus and the pregnant woman.
In inflammatory processes of the urinary organs, which are accompanied by this symptom, mucus in the urine may develop these complications:
- Placental insufficiency
- The risk of miscarriage
It is important to understand that in the early stages of pregnancy infection quickly transmitted to the fetus. If the disease is running, then dangerous complication is intrauterine death of a child.
Features of the treatment of disease
Treatment of high levels in the urine of mucus depends on the underlying diagnosis. In certain diseases prescribe different methods of treatment:
- Inflammatory processes in the kidneys are treated with antibiotics (e.g., Biseptol), uroantiseptikov, herbal remedies (Kanefron).
- Cystitis used antibiotics such as Augmentin, Norbaktin or Nolicin. Important aspect of treatment is considered the correct drinking regime. In addition, allowed the use of folk remedies: the use of decoctions of rose hips, oats, teas and medicinal plants.
- If the mucus in the urine appeared due to the formation of kidney stones, then maybe surgical intervention. While attacks are assigned to painkillers and antispasmodics.
It is important to remember that you are not allowed to self-medicate. Independent selection of drugs can make the problem worse and adversely affect the fetus. Medication during pregnancy can be prescribed only by an experienced specialist.
You must know that in the first trimester is the formation of the fetus, that is why usually, women are the cosmetics on a natural basis.
In the appointment of antibacterial drugs choose those that have on the fetus minimal impact. In addition, the doctor must approve the use of drugs, traditional therapy.
Treatment pregnant it is important to stick to a diet that eliminates the consumption of fried, salty and fatty foods, bakery products and sweets. The expectant mother is recommended to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, vegetable fats and foods that contain large amount of protein. It is desirable that the dishes were cooked boiled or steamed way.
Read more about how to collect a urine sample, you can see from the video:
For the prevention of diseases in which there is mucus in the urine, it is important to observe the following rules of prevention:
- Regularly during pregnancy assigned to the study.
- Correctly and rationally to eat.
- Follow the drinking regime.
- To fulfill all the requirements of a specialist.
- Not to lift weights.
- To avoid physical and emotional stress.
- Observe genital hygiene.
- To avoid hypothermia.
- Do not hold your urine for a long time.
In addition, it is important to adhere to the basic recommendations for the preparation and urine samples.