Urate in urine during pregnancy: causes and improve treatments of uraturia
Salts in the urine and kidney stones is one of the most common ailments. This is due to the habit of wrong eating, cravings for salty foods, not a mission. During pregnancy urate in the urine can be normal, and a sign of a pathology requiring treatment. Upon detection of urate in the urine, the doctor will prescribe the examination of the genitourinary system.
Urate is a salt of potassium and sodium, purine formation, which are involved in metabolism. If the metabolism is disturbed, urate start to show up in the urine. Apparently they are not visible in the analysis are detected only when laboratory diagnosis, but over time, these stones can form quite a large stone, to remove which it is possible only surgically.
Normal urate should be absent in urine, but pregnancy and morning sickness in the first trimester, they are considered the norm, if the result is not more than two pluses opposite to the column «Urata». If plus 3 or 4, then it is about the disease. Urate in the urine increase in the case of urinary salts in the blood are no longer dissolve and are excreted by the kidneys. That is, this process is not always directly related to the kidneys, but often it affects. To determine the exact cause of the appearance of urate in the urine impossible, it can only be assumed.
Urate not always precipitate in the urine, even if they are present in large numbers. This is because urine has a lot of other compounds and substances that can interfere with this process.
Upon detection of urate, oxalate and other salts in the urine, you need to constantly follow the diet, otherwise the salt will turn into the stones grow and cause severe pain.
Often urate in the urine occur in small children who consume large amounts of salt, but their kidneys can not cope with the load and can not dissolve this amount of salt.
To determine oratorio without a common analysis of urine is difficult, since there are no no symptoms. They appear already after the salt formed stones and caused a blockage of the urinary canal.
More information about kidney stones, you can see from the video:
Salts in the urine are detected only in the diagnosis, therefore, the OAM is encouraged to take for prevention once a year or six months. You should not ignore the discovery of urates in the urine, because they can lead to various disorders and complications, such as violation of the outflow of urine and pyelonephritis.
Causes of urate in the urine
Causes of urate in the urine most commonly associated with meals. During pregnancy they are common, therefore the doctor does not immediately prescribe treatment, but first you recommend to go on a diet, reduce the amount of salt, and then repeat the analysis.
Sometimes urate in the urine detected even with the diet, then the woman will be assigned to further investigation and careful monitoring throughout pregnancy.
The main reasons:
- The toxicosis. Toxicity the woman has a vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite and tastes become specific. With vomiting, the body loses large amounts of fluids, salts in the blood become more concentrated, appear in the urine. Despite the fact that during pregnancy is the norm, when toxicosis, it is desirable to drink more and to monitor the level of salts.
- An improper diet. The salt level increase proteins (meat), chocolate, cheese, especially salty, homemade pickles, marinades, smoked meat, spicy food, alcohol, some berries. During pregnancy you need to carefully follow the diet and note how you feel after eating certain foods.
- Chronic diseases of the genitourinary system. Urate in the urine are increased in various chronic diseases of the kidneys, the blood. Sometimes a woman is unaware of the presence of the disease, and it is revealed only during pregnancy.
- Infection. An infection in addition to urate in the urine will show up more and the white blood cells. During pregnancy, any infection can be dangerous to the fetus, therefore, it is desirable to identify as early as possible. Often the infection is accompanied by pain, burning and urinary disorders. These symptoms cannot be ignored.
- Heredity. Genetic predisposition plays a role. If the next of kin was kidney stones, it is better to protect yourself and not to violate the rules of nutrition.
Signs of uraturia
While the level of salt increased slightly, no symptoms are manifested, the woman did not bother. During pregnancy you need to pass urine very often, so to miss this point is almost impossible. The woman may seem, she is a perfectly healthy, if nothing hurts, but uraturia always initially asymptomatic.
When the quantity of salts becomes sufficiently large, leads to the formation of the so-called sand, and then stones.
Urolithiasis is accompanied by characteristic symptoms:
- High blood pressure and fatigue. Stones often affect the condition of the body. If a woman has the pressure rises for no reason, it may be a sign of starting of kidney stones.
- Severe pain in the lower back and abdomen. Pain during pregnancy is always a bad sign. Urolithiasis it occurs in the lumbar region and can be quite intense. To tolerate is not recommended as to relieve her pain or other procedures. During pregnancy when any pain you need to seek medical help.
- Nausea and vomiting. These symptoms are easily confused with toxemia. During pregnancy a woman may feel sick in any trimester until delivery. But with urolithiasis will be other symptoms that should not be missed.
- Voiding. When kidney stones in women can experience a frequent urge to urinate, but pregnancy is also not uncommon. However, if this raises the burning and pain a sign of pathology.
- Blood in the urine. Any bleeding in pregnancy is dangerous. If the stones damage the urinary channels or the bladder, in the blood revealed blood clots, or urine itself becomes uniformly reddish. This symptom requires immediate medical attention.
These are the basic signs of the disease, but they can be supplemented. In some cases, associated infection, then women will increase the temperature.
If the amount of urate a small, pregnant and complains of nothing, as a rule, only enough diet and mineral water to lower the amount of salt. But at high levels of urate medication is required.
During pregnancy not all medications are considered safe. In the first trimester and the doctors do try to avoid any medication. But medication is necessary if a pregnant woman starts the signs of kidney stones.
Features of treatment:
- Zistan. This is a drug of plant origin, which helps reduce inflammation, improves the flow of urine, has a mild diuretic action. It includes the extracts of various plants, and a silicate of lime and Shilajit. The drug is often prescribed for the treatment of urolithiasis and infectious diseases of the genitourinary system. Zistan not recommended for large size stones. When pregnancy appointed with caution and only under medical supervision.
- Blemaren. The drug increases the levels of alkali in the urine, which can dissolve salt. Appointed in wrath, but not for phosphates. The drug is available in the form of soluble effervescent tablets. Blemaren prescribed for uric acid stones, but not in infectious diseases of the urinary system.
- Asparkam. The drug helps to remove salt and reduce the acidity of urine. Can be administered even in infants, but is not assigned in the first trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimester the drug is possible with the permission of the doctor.
- The kanefron. The plant-based medicine in pill form. The kanefron diuretic and antimicrobial effects, and reduces inflammation, relieves spasm and pain. In the use of the drug is recommended to drink more. During pregnancy, the use of Kanefron may, on the recommendation of the doctor and after assessing the balance of risks and benefits for mother and child.
Proper nutrition when uraturia
During pregnancy a strict diet are appointed rarely, as the woman must be well and eat a healthy diet to maintain your body and the normal development of the child. If uraturia to sit on a strict diet and fasting is not necessary.
Food rules aimed solely at reducing consumption of salts:
- Food should be nutritious, but you need to reduce the consumption of protein. Meat-eating is desirable to reduce. You need to give preference to low-fat varieties, preferably boiled.
- Have need often, up to 6 times a day. It is important to drink enough. During pregnancy you need to eat no more than 2 liters of water a day. The need to reduce the consumption of liquids in the form of strong tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, powder juice, yogurt with dyes. You can drink in between meals but not during them.
- It is not recommended to abuse sweet. Especially need to limit consumption of chocolate, cream cakes, cakes and baking. They are harmful not only for kidneys but also for the stomach, intestines, during pregnancy and so many problems. Replace sweets can dried fruit, homemade marshmallows and baked apples, fruit salad.
- It is desirable to eliminate all acidic fruits and berries type of citrus, sour apples, cranberry, currant.
- During pregnancy and the uraturia you can eat without restrictions boiled eggs, dairy products, steamed vegetables, nuts, rye bread, pumpkins and watermelons, sweet apples, apricots, pears.
- Meat during pregnancy useful, but in limited quantities when uraturia. You can eat lean fish, beef, chicken, but to completely eliminate the skewers, grilled and smoked meat.
- You can drink fresh natural juices and mineral water. But it is worth remembering that there is an important measure. The abundance of concentrated juice bad for stomach and pancreas, and mineral water to drink in unlimited quantities.
During pregnancy do not have to deny yourself everything, but you need to remember about a potential risk. If you really want meat or sweet, you can eat beef stew or a time to eat chocolate, but to abuse the fatty foods, junk food, sweets is harmful for both mother and child.