Aureus during pregnancy in urine: causes of Staphylococcus aureus in urine in pregnant women
During gestation, a woman should closely monitor their health status, as manifested diseases can significantly harm not only the expectant mother but also the baby. For this reason, it is important to know what is Staphylococcus aureus in pregnant women in the urine.
The concept of disease Staphylococcus aureus in pregnancy
The staphylococci present a spherical bacteria, which are considered opportunistic pathogens because they can be in a certain concentration in the body of every human being without harm to his health.
They accompany people throughout life, even after treatment of rooms antiseptic, microorganisms appear there again after a short time, therefore, to protect themselves from these bacteria completely, not possible.
In total there are 27 species of staphylococci, but for pregnant women the danger is only four of them, the most pathogenic are the following:
- Staphylococcus strain of bacteria, which represents the greatest danger, as in high concentrations in the body leads to the spread of serious infections. Sickness can hurt not only the woman but also the child.
- Epidermal strain, which manifests itself in severe eruptions on the skin, which cause pain and itching.
- Saprophytic strain which can cause severe kidney and urinary tract, which will adversely affect the health of the expectant mother and fetus, infection often leads to complications.
- Hemolytic strain that is often the cause of infection of pregnant women with angina and acute respiratory diseases that require specific treatment.
The greatest danger of opportunistic bacteria is that they can not affect the General health before pregnancy and during gestation is their activation, and the concentration of Staphylococcus in the body increases. The consequence of infection is considered and the risk of acute of long-forgotten chronic diseases.
That is why doctors recommend that women conduct a full examination of the body before pregnancy.
Reasons for the increased concentration of bacteria in urine during pregnancy
Staphylococci can be in the body of a woman and it does not disturb, but during pregnancy there have been many changes in the natural functioning of the organism. For this reason, gynecologists-coordinators appoint a large number of analyses, the existence of which the patient could not suspect at all.
Changes of clinical pattern can occur in a matter of days, so every month pregnant and visiting the clinic for tests and a checkup from a specialist.
Unprotected intercourse is one of the reasons of occurrence of Staphylococcus aureus in pregnant women
Are most common causes of staph infection in urine during pregnancy, which include the following:
- The sharp decline in natural immunity often leads to activation of conditionally pathogenic bacteria. For this reason the woman throughout the time of gestation are assigned to the prenatal vitamins that support the immune system.
- Severe stress experienced by pregnant women due to hormonal disruptions, often leads to infections caused by pathogenic bacteria. Expectant mothers are advised to avoid stressful situations because they can cause a large number of pathological processes in the body, influencing the development of the fetus.
- During unprotected intercourse pregnant risk to get an infection, and the partner may not be aware that he is a carrier. This fact is due to the fact that a healthy body with a strong immune system sufficiently to cope with pathogenic bacteria. For this reason, the use of contraceptives should be carried out with all sex acts during the period of gestation.
During planned testing, may be discovered Staphylococcus aureus in pregnant women in the urine, which can indicate the spread of infection in the urogenital system or the kidneys. Kidney disease most often striking a woman during gestation because the child is actively growing and is putting pressure on the authorities.
To panic and to take any action it is strongly recommended that treatment should be administered exclusively by the specialist.
How dangerous is a staph infection in urine during pregnancy
Staphylococcus aureus in the urine — directly threatens the health not only mother, but baby
Staphylococcus aureus in the urine during pregnancy can be the cause of serious infections in the body, which directly threaten the health of not only mothers but also children. Despite the fact that during gestation the doctors try not to prescribe the woman drugs, treatment of staphylococcal infections should be performed in the perinatal period.
Postpone therapy is extremely dangerous, as not only the mother’s body prone to inflammation, staphylococci can harm the health of the child: as a result, the baby is born already infected with the infection. In addition, there is no guarantee that harmful bacteria will not lead to the emergence of mastitis, it causes formation in the breast, which the doctors removed surgically.
At the first suspicion of infection, the pregnant woman must undergo a full examination, and in case of confirmation of the diagnosis, the gynecologist, the coordinator will prescribe a specific treatment, the drugs are selected individually for each patient taking into account individual peculiarities of the organism.
The urine in pregnant women
Letting a large number of analyses is an integral part of the perinatal period as the pathogenic processes may appear in the body of a woman at any stage of pregnancy.
A urine sample is studied in order to determine the state of the urinary system and kidneys of the patient.
Biological material is collected in a sterile container, laboratory tests will be most accurate if the analysis will be collected as close to delivery to the lab. It should be noted that the norms of the bacteria during pregnancy differ from baseline, as processes in the body happen at an unnatural pace.
At detection of Staphylococcus aureus in the urine during pregnancy is not advised to take any action
For women during gestation are determined by the following standards of concentration of microorganisms in urine:
- If the concentration of staphylococci in a biological material does not exceed 1000 CFU/ml, the woman is considered healthy.
- Provided that in the urine was detected the concentration of 1,000 to 10,000 CFU/ml, may suggest infection. The analysis in this case is established again, and the additional studies, such as collecting a vaginal swab.
- Bacteria growth with an index of more than 10,000 CFU/ml is a significant deviation from the norm, it points directly to the inflammatory-infectious process in the body. To confirm the diagnosis of the pregnant woman is assigned to the unscheduled delivery of a vaginal swab.
Treatment can be done only when full confirmation of the diagnosis.
Therapy is prescribed individually for each patient according to the test results and the individual.
During gestation expectant mother should closely monitor their health every day and in any suspected infectious disease should immediately consult a doctor for help.
Independently take any action it is strongly recommended, as wrong treatment can harm not only the mother but also the child.